Skip to content
  • The City of Italy is looking for a Public Works Maintenance Worker.  See the article for more details.   

Got a Ticket?

Pay the fine and court costs

A plea of guilty or no contest is required. This finalizes the case and no pre-trial or court appearance is needed. A conviction may appear on your driving record.

Request payment arrangement

You must call the court to request a payment plan.

Complete a driver safety course

You may request this in person or by mail. You will need a valid Texas driver’s license and proof of financial responsibility with your name on it. You may not take DSC if you hold a CDL, going 25 mph over the speed limit, passing a school bus when loading or unloading children, in a work zone with workers present, leaving a scene of an accident after causing serious damage and leaving a scene of an accident without stopping to render aid and giving information.

Request deferred disposition

A plea of guilty or no contest is required. The Court may, in its sole discretion, defer disposition of your case. The court will defer a finding of guilt or no contest, assess the applicable court cost and order you to comply with certain conditions. You may request this in person or by mail.

If you successfully comply with the terms, your case will be dismissed. Normally, the only condition imposed by the court will be that you receive no additional citations for a period of 90 to 180 days.

Payment must be made in full when you request deferred disposition. (You may make Payments until its paid in full).

Contest the charge

If you wish to plead not guilty and wish to contest your charge you will be set on a pretrial docket. This will need to be done in person or by mail, before your appearance date on the citation. You must complete Section 1 of the plea form and mail to the court. You will be notified by mail of the court date and time prior to the court date.

All juveniles (under the age of 17) must be seen by the judge. A court date will be mailed to the address on the citation.

Failure to pay fines will result in a warrant.

Translate »