SAVE A NEIGHBOR. DONATE BLOOD
Carter Bloodcare will be in town on Thursday, August 19, 2021 from 11:00am to 3:00pm. This will be a good chance to help with their blood shortage problem. According to their spokeswoman, Stephanie Jardot, “Our supplies are hardest hit in the summer by the need for blood donations. Most of our donors are on vacation or out of pocket to help with our supply.”
According to their website, Carter Bloodcare is one of Texas’ largest blood centers providing 440,000 units of life-saving blood and blood components to patients in North, Central and East Texas annually. (CarterBloodCare.org)
Be prepared to give blood by reading the general info below:
- All donors must present a valid photo ID at the time of donation.
- Must be at least 16 years of age and in good general health. Sixteen year old’s must have written parental consent.
- Must weigh a minimum of 110 pounds.
- Eat a low-fat meal two to four hours before giving.
- Drink lots of water or juice before and after donating. Avoid alcoholic beverages and caffeine products for 12 hours before and after donating.
- Avoid strenuous activity for 12 hours after donating. Individuals with a hazardous or strenuous job should donate at the end of their work shift.
- Avoid lifting or pulling with the arm used for donation for 24 hours.
In order to commemorate and honor the 20th Anniversary of the loss of so many lives on 9/11/2001, Carter Bloodcare will be giving commemorative 9/11 T-shirts to each donor, while supplies last. Please go to ww3.greatpartners.org to sign up for your appointment or just come to City Hall on Main Street. They take walk-ins too.